Things to keep in mind before getting the procedure: the process takes about 2 hours. You will need to avoid drinking alcoholic beverages and taking aspirin 24hrs prior to your appt. You will need to discontinue any facial products that contains Retin A, brow tinting and waxing a week prior and chemical peels and botox 4 weeks prior to your appt. After the procedure you will need to refrain from the sun, gym, or anything that will cause your skin to sweat.
• Do not work out 24 hours before procedure.
• No alcohol or caffeine 24 hours before procedure.
• Avoid sun and tanning one week prior to procedure.
• Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 24 hours before procedure.
• No brow waxing, tinting, microdermabrasion or chemical peels one week before.
• Discontinue Retin-A 4 Weeks Prior.
• Do not use AHA skincare products close to the eyebrow area 2 weeks prior
to and 2 weeks after your procedure.
• No Botox around the brow area 2 weeks prior.
• Please Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
• Do not touch brows or surrounding area for 24 hours.
• After 24 hours keep the brow area clean by dipping a Qtip in water. Do not use a washcloth or sponge and clean area by moving in the direction of the hair growth.
• Allow eyebrows to air dry before applying a thin layer of aftercare serum.
• Apply a very thin layer of the aftercare serum given (for the amount of days
recommended by your artist) with freshly washed hands or a Q tip.
• DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring and pigment loss.
• Avoid sun exposure, tanning beds, pool (chlorine is irritating), sauna, steam rooms, hot showers and/or hot baths for 3 weeks.
• Avoid physical effort, gym and any other activity that may cause excessive sweating for at least 5 and up to 14 days.
• Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
• NO makeup or skincare products to be used on the treated area for two
• NO Botox around the brow area for two weeks after.
• NO facials, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
• After 14 days, once the area has healed completely, consider using sunblock when going out in the sun to stop the color from fading. (At least SPF 30, if not 50)
• Eyebrow tinting should not be undertaken for 2 weeks after your procedure.
• Avoid Retin-A close to brow area.
Please note: Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be anywhere from 20-40% darker and bolder in color and 15% thicker. This can last up to 10 days after the treatment while the initial healing process takes place (This is very common for all permanent cosmetic procedures). The treated area may feel a bit like sunburn afterwards but there should be minimal
discomfort. During the initial healing period, there should be minimal scabbing or flaking of the skin. If there is some scabbing or flaking, do not pick, and allow the scab or dry skin to come off on its own.
The complete healing process takes about 6-8 weeks, at which time the true color of the tattoo is evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. Wait at least 6 weeks to see the true color, as it seems to take on new strength, and it is only after 6-8 weeks that your touch- up/ can be done.